Caring for your new Protected Species jacket
All our garments come with a no fuss 2 year guarantee on waterproof performance – just remember to follow the care instructions to prolong life. We are sure your jacket will last for many years more than that.
The fabric our products are made from is laminated – which means it has an incredibly thin high performance waterproof, yet breathable layer welded to the back side. The surface of the fabric is also treated with a highly durable water resistant finish which beads water away from the outer surface of your jacket.
After 15 washes we recommend re-proofing your jacket. The laminate will still keep you completely dry and is not affected by washing, but the re-proofing will simply increase the resistance to any water sitting on the surface of your garment. This is the same with all waterproof and breathable garments. We recommend you use NIKWAX® TX Direct Wash-In, or GRANGER’S performance repel.
All our pieces in our collection are completely safe to wash at30°C. We recommend always washing with NIKWAX® TechWash at 30°C – this will keep your jacket performing well.
Please tie up all drawcords before washing so they don’t get caught in your machine (inner and hood drawcords).
- Our waterproof guarantee relates to purchases from March 2015 onwards and when care instructions above have been followed in full.
- Proof of purchase must be supplied unless bought directly from this site.
- Products must be returned for examination.
- We reserve the right to reject claims where care instructions have not been followed.
- The guarantee relates to waterproof performance only and does not cover any accidental damage or general wear and tear associated with use (holes, tears, rips etc).
- Customers will be offered a replacement garment.