High performance weather protection
The concept for our high-performance rainwear collection originated from working alongside the top tour players in the world of golf. High-performance waterproof, windproof, breathable fabrics that also incorporated four-way stretch technology for zero restriction were the demands of the professional golfer, this technology has now been crafted into iconic urban designs for the demands of women needing superior weather protection across all their daily activities, outdoors anywhere.
Waterproof, windproof and breathable
5000mm is the rating set by British standards for the amount of water pressure weighing down on the surface of a fabric before it can be deemed waterproof. Our collection goes far beyond this to ensure your protection. And, If you’ve ever worn a rubber coat you will know the importance of the ability your jacket has to breathe. Waterproofing without breathability is a seriously sweaty affair so we ensure our fabric breathes with you.
- Waterproof rating 15,000 mm/H2O
- Breathability rating 15,000 gm/m2
- Every seam sealed tight with a waterproof tape
- 2 year waterproof guarantee
Liberating movement and comfort
Saskia Neville top female Parkour athlete and free runner. Loose fit or tailored pieces, Saskia has performed wearing them all proving our four-way stretch technology provides zero restriction in movement and complete comfort even when you’re not jumping off a building.
- Four-way stretch moves in every direction
- Soft, fluid, noiseless fabric which contours the body
- Creaseless, lightweight, easy-care and ultimately smart
Engineered for women
The design and cut matters when it comes to engineering waterproof outwear. Fully adjustable ergonomically cut hoods for full head coverage without restricting sight is just one of our major considerations. Careful placement of seams, adjustable shaping, and waterproof accessories are top priorities too. Heat welded, laser cut features add a sleek low bulk high quality performance finish, epitomising everything we do here at Protected Species.
- Stowable or removable ergonomically cut hoods with full adjustment
- Laser cut and heat welded features throughout
- Adjustable draw cords and tabs perfecting fit and ensuring water and wind resistance
- Waterproof accessories for extra defence
- Deep security zip pockets for hands free freedom
Designed to go everywhere
For every design, we sketch, think, research and think again and when this is done, Carrie, the manufacturer of our collection, does the same. Features are added to be useful for everyday activities in a woman’s life, things that we think a woman actually needs, and samples are fitted on women and adjusted to the female shape. If we don’t like the fit, aesthetic, or can think of a place we couldn’t wear our designs, we don’t make them – it’s as simple as that.